I honestly do not know where 2018 has gone. We have 2 months left before 2019 which is probably going one of the biggest years of my life so far, and that’s terrifying.
On that note, I thought today would be as good a day as any to set some last minute New Year’s resolutions.
Numero uno: I really want to focus on not making things into an (unnecessarily) big deal. I mentioned this on twitter a few days ago – I build stuff up into a huge insurmountable task that can never be completed which then stresses me out completely. But school isn’t like that, and neither is life; everything is achievable.
Two: my time management is getting better, but it needs to be better still. I’m so so so guilty of requiring a break after doing literally anything – I’ll do an hour’s work, then allow myself 3 hours rest 😂 and similarly, if I know I’ve got plans for the day I’ll immediately write the whole day off an unproductive. I desperately need to fix this (I’m getting better at it too) so that’s going to be a focus on mine for the remainder of this year and next.
Three: save some money!!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of money recently, but *please* let’s not talk about that.
Four: upload on my blog weekly – let’s see how that goes, hm! I’ve been saying this all year, but now I really want to focus on keeping the quality (?) content coming. Especially since before long, my life will have succumbed to revision so I want to make sure I have everything prepared for my (inevitable) break in spring.
I know this has just been a little post but I hope you’ve enjoyed it regardless! I love taking time to reflect on my goals, seeing what I have and haven’t met, as it just helps me to realign my priorities. Have you met your New Year’s resolutions, or are you setting a few more now like me? 😉
Welcome to 2018! 2017 was one heck of a year and I learnt a lot from it, but I’m kind of hoping this year will be a liiiittle more steady…
As is tradition, I’ve compiled a list of my resolutions for the year and I’m actually going to try really hard to stick to them – I’ve put a fair amount of time into reflecting on last year so I know that if I stick to these resolutions, hopefully 2018 will be a good one.
- Read more, instead of spending time on devices – something probably a lot of people can relate to! I realised how much time I waste just scrolling down Instagram or Pinterest and how much more productive I could be if I just put my phone down!
- Complete my reading list – linking on from the previous resolution!!!!
- Spread more positivity – there can never be enough happiness in the world, and it doesn’t really take much to compliment someone, does it? 💖💖💖
- Utilise free periods in school – the more work you do at school, the less you have to do at home ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Know when I’m taking too much on.
- Limit the amount of procrastination – I could really do with a lot of motivation this year, haha.
- Continue learning French and Spanish.
- Record the best part of each day – I don’t know yet whether to film a second of each day and then make a video at the end of the year or just write down my favourite part? I could do with your advice!!
- Exercise more frequently – ok, this must be the most common New Years resolution EVER but it’s so so easy to just sit on the sofa and do nothing. This year I’m going to change that and try to run weekly and do a little exercise routine every night at home (or maaaaybe start going to the gym, although that might be pushing it a bit far 😉)
- Watch more films!! – contrary to my other resolutions haha, but I’m always that person who’s not seen the latest film yet and that needs to change!
- Remember I’m stronger than I think.
- Drink more water – my poor little kidneys are shrivelling up (probably).
- Blog weekly (I’m sure you’ll all thank me for that haha)
- Save 75% of the money I earn – because university is ridiculously expensive!!!
- Start youtube again – my original plan was to film a few videos and get them uploaded so that I could officially start my channel today but I haven’t got around to it… in my defence, I have over 300 clips from my trip to New York so it takes a while!
- Be more confident within myself.
- Stop overthinking any decision – the amount of worrying about any possible outcome of any decision I make is extremely unhelpful.
- Be happy.
Do you have any New Years resolutions? I’d be really interested to hear to be honest, I think people’s reflections on life say so much about them! Wishing you all the best for 2018,